Download the latest stable version for production purposes or a solid desktop environment. Use the Cooking version to test and help us improve the distribution.
Before using SliTaz — please read this post: Important info about Meltdown and Spectre
- LiveCD Rolling version - Bootable ISO image of the rolling version
- Floppy disk - Bootable startup disk to launch the LiveCD, a USB stick, etc
- LiveCD to taste - Custom flavors and loram
- SliTaz Raspberry Pi - Custom distro from the SliTaz ARM project
Help the project via a small donation or become an official sponsor.
This part of the site allows you to download a free copy of the SliTaz GNU/Linux LiveCD or to get utilities and tools source code. To start using the LiveCD ISO image you can refer to the English online documentation. You can also find help and support on SliTaz's English Forum.
SliTaz is mirrored actually in France by ADS, and TuxFamily. In Switzerland by SWITCHmirror, in the USA by Ibiblio and in Brazil by UFPR. Huge thanks.
- Switzerland - Mirror hosted by SWITCHmirror (10 Gbit/s) HTTP or FTP
- France - Mirror hosted by TuxFamily via HTTP or FTP
- USA - Mirror hosted by Ibiblio via HTTP or FTP
- Brazil - Mirror hosted by UFPR via HTTP or FTP
Tazpkg (Package manager), Tazlito (SliTaz Live Tool), Tazwok (Source builder), Tazusb (LiveUSB Tool) and the SliTaz Tools tarballs can all be downloaded from the TuxFamily mirror. Note that all the utilities are installed by default on SliTaz and source code is commented in English. Download sources by HTTP or FTP
LiveCD - Rolling version
SliTaz Rolling LiveCD is a constantly evolving version, fully usable, it allows you to test the latest improvements and packages, ask for new features or report bugs to help us to prepare for the stable version. SliTaz Rolling ISO released weekly.
Rolling flavors can be found on mirror.
Floppy boot disk
This floppy diskette can start SliTaz on old PCs with or without a CD-ROM. It can boot SliTaz from a usb flash drive, a SliTaz CD/DVD, a hard drive, the LAN by PXE and even the Internet with gPXE.
You can write this floppy image with SliTaz bootfloppybox, Windows rawrite or simply dd (dd if=floppy-grub4dos of=/dev/fd0).
A floppy image set is also available for people who can't use a CD-ROM, USB key or Ethernet card.